All rentals are subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Please review thoroughly before accepting the Terms and Conditions. “We”, “us” or “our” means Peach Tassels; “you” or “your” refers to the client leasing the jewelry.
1. RENTAL PERIOD: The minimum length of hire is four Days. The desired starting date submitted with your rental order should be your wedding/event date. The jewelry will be shipped to arrive at least one day before your date. The deposit is refunded once the rented jewelry will be returned to our showroom and checked by our staff.
You will be provided with:
A contract that will need to be signed and sent back to us via email. Peach Tassels will also need the original contract or email confirmation of acceptance of Terms and Conditions.
A list of each rented item, including details if any.
An invoice of the total rental cost.
A proforma invoice for the break up of rental and security deposit with bank details.
The rental and deposit payment must be made to Peach Tassels through bank transfer, Paytm or PayU.
The deposit is refunded once the rented jewelry is returned to our showroom and checked by our staff
2. RESERVATION PAYMENT: A payment for the total rental price and security deposit will be charged at the time you place your order. The deposit is refunded once the rented jewelry will be returned to our office and checked by our staff. In cases where there are no damages to the jewelry or late returns the security deposit will be refunded within 3 working days.
3. SHIPMENT & RETURN DATE: The cost of shipping the product to the client will be borne by Peach Tassels. The responsibility and expense of returning the Jewelry to Peach Tassels in the stipulated time frame lies with the client. The Return Date is the date you ship the jewelry to Peach Tassels (Proof of courier receipt required). For a four-day rental period the product has to be shipped by on the Fifth day. When we ship the product to you we will be sending the shipping label. On return the jewelry must be properly packed in the box(es) and sealed and send it back to the address provided in the shipping label. Any in-transit damage while return lies with the client.
4. LATE FEES: If you do not deliver the jewelry item for return shipment by the required Return Date, late fees will be assessed as to that item as follows:
One (1) Day Late – 20% of the rental fee for that item will be added to the total fees.
Two (2) to Seven (7) Days Late – 50% of the rental fee for that item will be added to the total fees.
Eight (8) to Fourteen (14) Days Late – 100% of the rental fee for that item will be added to the total fees.
Over Fourteen (14) Days Late – 100% of the rental fees and security deposit will be added to the total fees. Liquidated Damages apply.
Late fees will be in addition to rental and all other applicable fees and will be adjusted from your security deposit. You agree and acknowledge that the late fees provided for by this paragraph are intended as compensation to us because the damages that we would suffer by way of late return are incapable or very difficult of accurate estimation because of factors including, without limitation, our recovery of anticipated profits, our loss of sales and reputation due to unavailability of items. You further agree and acknowledge that (i) our ability to make jewelry available for rent to other customers depends greatly on our ability to secure return of that jewelry by the second business day following your rental period, as return after such date may prevent us from having sufficient time to clean, repair and re-ship the jewelry to the next customer; (ii) because of that lack of time we cannot commit to have jewelry available to upcoming customers until such time as the jewelry is in our possession and capable of cleaning (and where applicable, repair) for upcoming events. For the foregoing reasons, you agree with us that the amounts reflected in the schedule of late fees above are a reasonable forecast of just compensation to us in the event of late return. Further, if any jewelry items are not returned within fourteen (14) days after the Return Date, as liquidated damages for your failure to timely return the item(s) we will have the right to charge your full security deposit as provided under “Liquidated Damages” below.
5. SECURITY DEPOSITS: To help protect us against loss, damages or theft of the jewelry, we require a Security Deposit. We will determine the retail value of the jewelry, and therefore the amount of the Security Deposit, in our sole discretion. Any late fees/damage fees/additional fees or charges due us as provided in these Terms & Conditions will be adjusted with your security deposit.
6. LIQUIDATED DAMAGES: We do not offer product for sale. Title to the jewelry shall remain in the name of Peach Tassels at all times except as specifically provided in this paragraph. The responsibility of sending the jewelry back lies with the client. If it is returned other than within fourteen (14) days of the Return Date for any reason under these Terms & Conditions, as Liquidated Damages we will have the right to charge your full security deposit plus any due rental fees, shipping fees and taxes.
7. CARE OF THE JEWELRY: We will inspect and clean every piece of jewelry before delivery to you. While in your possession, we expect you to handle the jewelry with the utmost of care.
8. CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES:
Immediately notify Peach Tassels of any damage to the Product that occurs during the Rental Period;
On termination of the hire, deliver the Product complete with all accessories, in good order as delivered, fair wear and tear accepted, to Peach Tassels;
Keep the Product in their own possession and control and shall not assign the benefit of this Rental Agreement nor be entitled to lien over the Product;
Not alter or make any additions to the Product or in any other manner interfere with the Product.
9. DAMAGE TO JEWELRY: Even though you are renting jewelry, you acknowledge that each item of jewelry rented from us is a high value item and you covenant to treat it as if you own it. Our rental rate assumes a minimal amount of wear, which may occur with a rental use consistent with wearing high quality jewelry to a formal event. Unusual wear or any damage, abnormal dirt, spraying of perfume/water or foreign substances on any item of jewelry will give us the right to charge for the cost of repair or cleaning or up to 50% of the full Retail Value attributable to that item of jewelry. The amount to be charged is left to our sole discretion based on our assessment of the damage.
10. DELIVERY OF JEWELRY: A signature/ email confirmation is required for delivery or pickup of the jewelry. Any refused or returned deliveries will be processed as a completed rental transaction, with the full rental and other fees assessed.
Every effort is made to deliver the jewelry to your designated valid address no later than the day before your event date. In most cases, we will plan to ship your jewelry to arrive two days prior to your event. In any case, we will notify you by e-mail to confirm your projected delivery date the day we ship it to you. If through our fault the jewelry is not delivered at least one day before your wedding date, we will return all rental fees and, upon return of the jewelry as provided above, return your Security Deposit. The return of these amounts will be our sole liability to you in the event of non-timely delivery or non-delivery; in no event will we be liable for any other damages whatsoever including without limitation direct, indirect, special or consequential damages. If we timely deliver the jewelry to UPS with delivery pre-paid for delivery to you at least one day prior to the Event Date, any late delivery or non-delivery will be deemed to be not our fault and we shall have no liability under this paragraph. Further, non-availability of items, even where reserved, shall be deemed to be not our fault.
11. LIABILITY: You recognize and acknowledge that having valuable jewelry in your possession or use can be inherently dangerous and unpredictable. We are not responsible for any accidents or harm that may arise from your possession or use of our jewelry, and in addition to our other rights and remedies pursuant to these Terms & Conditions, you hereby agree to indemnify us from any claims, charges or costs arising from your possession or use of our jewelry or any related activities.
While we will provide you jewelry as described in our product descriptions, we do not expressly or otherwise guarantee or warrant the jewelry for any specific performance or purpose other than as it is described.
12. RESERVATION REQUIREMENTS: Reserve as far ahead as possible to ensure best selection of jewelry.
You will be contacted if your order cannot be shipped due to unforeseen issues with inventory availability or other reasons. Alternative pieces will be discussed with you at that time and all of your fees (including the Reservation Deposit) will be refunded if an alternative solution, acceptable to you, is not identified. We will have no liability to you in the event that items are unavailable as contemplated by this paragraph, even if you have reserved them, other than return of the Reservation Deposit and any rental fees paid to us. In no event will we be liable for any damages whatsoever including without limitation direct, indirect, special or consequential damages.
13. CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel your order in writing one week ahead of the scheduled shipping date, 75% of the rental payment will be refunded. If you cancel your order less than 7 days ahead of Peach Tassels will retain the shipping date 100% of the rental value.
14. DISCLAIMER: If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.